28 March 2007

Episode16: Winter's End

Okay fellow Jericho fans -

If all goes as expected, we will get to see our show tonight, instead of a. basketball or b. Survivor or what ever it was called.
It promises to be a great show tonight, I am so hoping to see much more of Mimi and Stanley, those two are my all time favorite characters on the show! I love Mimi ( played by Alicia Coppola ) she is a strong, funny and totally "real" person. Her interaction with Stanley ( played by Brad Beyer) is also honest which is nice compared to how the writers have Jake ( played by Skeet Ulrich) acting right now with Emily.
I am interested in seeing how Hawkins responds to his family leaving. I know that on the surface its the right thing to do, letting them go; however if you think about it you find yourself thinking " what if these people he is hiding from find out the family left, finding them will not be hard!"

* I will be adding a side page about the videos at the Official Jericho site at CBS, as they are important to the overall story.*

Now, with my having begun the process of bringing over all my posts ect, to this blog I am hoping to have the episode up tonight, right after the show. * I am nothing if not ambitious, ain't I ? *

Back tonight after the show!

9:21 pm

Well, maybe I missed all the "hints" but April and the baby? Come on! My husband is threatening to never let me watch the show again, if the writers do NOT stop this from becoming an all out Soap!

Things I did not like about tonights episode -

1. Aprils death - was a cheesy, cheap way of getting her out of the way, and Erics sitting at her bedside and crying, was disingenuous. The way he treated Mary was cruddy as well, since he is at fault not her for his behavior.
2. The Mayor caving in and giving up the 10 percent of the spring crops, not something any red blooded American man would have done. The writers are beginning to write the show as if "they" were the prototypes for the men in this Kansas town. Let us remember that, this is supposed to be Kansas! Hisorically, the state was not one to lay down, and if the small town I live in is any indicator of heartland America; this is NOT the reaction that would be displayed. I think the reaction would be more along the lines of, " we have people starving and freezing, either play fair or we take what we want". This is just how it will be during this type of time, knee jerk reactions, not play nice behavior. *IMHO*

3. Jake needs to get a life, lately all we see is him running errand after errand, but there is no real interaction, no story line to speak of. Lets hear more about his past! And where is Heather? Why doesn't he care about her, how she is doing etc. Jake started as a smart man, with a lot of knowledge, now he seems to be no more than eye candy for the lady viewers.

4. Eric - that is it, just Eric..... get rid of him , bring back April!
5. Darcy - She knew already that there was something Robert was into, and yet when the times got a bit dirty, she gets all indignant? I ( if I were her) would at least recall that the man had thought to come and get my kids and me, make sure we were safe. I would worry about the " right and wrong" of the situation, the moral high ground at some later point. At this point, my kids being alive, me being alive would be enough to keep me loyal - again, IMHO.
And the fact that he had made sure my daughter could defend herself, and her family like she did, was a HUGE plus in my books.

What I did like -

1. That the cop Jimmy ( played by Bob Stephenson) is getting suspicious of Hawkins. Again, in a small town, where the police know everyone in town, when their suspension meters get a nudge, they act on it. And they are almost always right too. He knows something is not right about Hawkins, and its bugging him. You can see it. I think that Jimmy might become an interesting character to watch, the one saving grace for a town during this type of time would be a solid police force of some kind, people would be looking for them to keep them safe like they did before.

Yup, that is it. One thing about tonight's show was in my mind, interesting. I almost agree with my husband, the show is turning out to be vastly different than it was before December.
If the writers are reading this, or other peoples posts, they will probably see many folks saying this. Stay true to the story line! At least in the last show, we saw some action from folks from outside the town. Lets see more of how that group would react for real, Blackwater.
In reality, that slap in the face they received from the town would get a swift answer. Obviously the group has the manpower to deliver a good ass kicking on the town if it wanted to.
Also, we are seeing tons of how hard it will be on the town, but it is all disjointed in the delivery of the story. Stop showing bits and pieces, show things more drawn out ( no more Eric and Mary, for Gods sake - making out in the truck while getting fire wood, too much!)

Oh well, there is hope for next weeks episode, right?
Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA