10 June 2009

Hummingbirds - living Jewels

June 10th 2009

I really am not a huge fan of Summer time I am more of a fall and winter person. There are a few things that make summer bearable for me, flowers and the way the morning air smells and the birds. I adore birds and I love to feed them. One of my favorite birds to place food out for are the Hummingbirds. I have a pair that will be feeding at my hollyhocks early in the morning and if I forget they are out there they will come and hover in my face as if to tell me to stop  bothering them while they are eating! They are such beautiful birds, so colorful and exciting to watch. I also put up hummingbird feeders so that they have extra in case the heat builds up and the flowers wilt.

If you have a garden but have not noticed any of these flying gems, maybe you should consider getting a few hummingbird feeders . They make wonderful  gifts for gardeners in the family as well, and if you place one near a window you will have many hours of fun watching these acrobats preform their dance while feeding.You will be helping your garden as well as providing your self with the joy of seeing these beautiful birds because hummingbirds are also pollinators.
Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA