02 April 2009

TV Tonight ~ It's a DVD night for this viewer

It is not a happy Thursday for me as a Television viewer, I have on the networks the choice between Survivor : Tocantins, Samantha Who, or Lara Croft Tomb Raider on TMC. Yep, that is my choices as I see it.
So I will snuggle up with a few DVD's to watch while the storms rage over my head here in Kentucky, hope all those who live in the states this baby has already moved through are all safe.

So what DVDs will I watch tonight? First up will be a kids movie, * since they rule this roost for the time being ;-) * we will be watching King Fu Panda. Now I just loved that movie, it was fun to watch, brilliant to listen to and beautiful on the eyes.

* the above graphic is housed at Simplymardy.com at this post and is a link for you to click to go to that page. *


Kung Fu Panda stars Jack Black as Po, the Panda, Dustin Hoffman as Shifu, Angelina Jolie as Tigress, Jackie Chan as Monkey, Seth Rogen as Mantis, and Lucy Liu as Viper just to name a few. This movie is a great movie for kids young and old and though some parents say violence is violence this movie shows how there are other ways to handle a fight beyond violence.

The other DVD I am thinking of poping in after the kids are done is one of my favorite stand by movies when I can't watch a chick flick ( DH is home and that trumps any chick flick vote I have) The Last Samurai. To say that I could watch this film a 100 times in a month and not get sick of it is an understatement. The cast, including Tom Cruise is fabulous, the setting beautiful and the tale it tells awesome. Yes, I really really love this movie.


So, its going to be a night of movie watching with the kids, listening to the wind and rain and eating some popcorn. I may even bead while I am watching. I just hope all these distractions help me with the jitters I feel when I look at my local weather radar. I am thankful for the DVD companies , at least now I have a choice when it comes to dull network TV offerings.

:-p
Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA