02 April 2009

70 degree temps bring back thoughts of pools

I know its not even April 3rd yet, and here I am thinking about pools ...again. I wanted one last year but the dirt where the new septic system was placed in our yard was not settled enough after a full winter of rain so I had to wait.

Our summers here in this part of Kentucky can be brutally hot, sweltering is a good word to describe summer here. There is a Lake less than a mile from my home but we are not allowed to swim in it as it is a water source ( and honestly, I would not want to swim in it due to the location of the Cow Farm that drains right into the lake ) so I need to have a place to get cooled off and a pool is the best idea I can think to accomplish that.

If I were still in California I could just check out San Jose pools or even Walnut Creek pools. I love the Walnut Creek area, my folks were supposed to have gotten a house there but instead settled on a house in Sunnyvale, which did not have a pool. The house in Walnut Creek did though. Where my sister in law lives she can just check out businesses that sell Napa pools.

No matter where you live though, you can find deals on pools right now. Just make sure that in your area there are no water restrictions due to drought ( we may be looking at that here in Kentucky ) and that your water rates can be paid. Some areas are now hiking the water rates as much as 20 %, which in a full sized pool could be killer. I do not care how much it costs to fill the pool I get, it will be worth it. The pool will give my family and I extra exercise and many hours of family time together all summer long. That makes the cost of owning a pool worth it a thousand times over.

So what pool do I have hopes of getting this summer? I was really hoping for this pool because I love the Infinity edge to it and the feeling that the pool is really part of the yard, very natural.



Yep, this is the pool of my dreams ;-p
Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA