11 January 2009

Does your child have an artistic talent?

As a Mom I have been so lucky with my children as far as artist endeavors go. I used to dream when I was a child of being a artist, I even spent many many hours practicing my craft. I took what classes were available to me in school. But as the years went on, I slowly just stopped my art, now I am watching my children grow in their own artistic talents. One does graphic design on the computer for website banner, one writes and draws the pictures on the computer, and one is a very talented author. I am so fortunate because my folks knew how important art was to forming me as a person, they always made sure I had the tools needed to do my work, and now they are fostering the talents my children are displaying.

If your child has a talent in some art form, and you would love to show it off there is a website that allows you to place your child's artwork in actual art shows called ArtShowForKids.com.



When you go to the About Us page, you will see both their vision statement and their mission statement. It is the Mission Statement that grabbed my attention:

To encourage children to express themselves through art, to provide a venue for fundraising events that support children and art, to offer a vehicle for artists of all levels to show and sell their art and, to raise community appreciation of the value of art.

To encourage children to express themselves, a beautiful concept that is now being actively realized in this site and many others I have been lucky enough to find on the Internet.

Art is more than coloring and drawing, art leads to better understanding of Mathematics and being better prepared for life in general. Art gives a person a place to show who they really are inside, what their dreams and hopes are. Our children need more places that foster this growth, children are our future.

If you are interested in helping your child show off the talents they have, go to
Kids Art Contests - Show Your Art Now! and sign up! You may be the parent of the next Picasso or Monet who knows! Brighten our world by giving the children a supportive place to put their artistic talents.
Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA