12 December 2008

Some times the sacrifices made for us by our troops are not visible

To Hell and Beyond is a book about the Vietnam War,told from the point of a Prisoner of War. I was a youngster in the days of this war, but I had my bracelets; I had my prayers each night for those boys. The soldiers who fought in this war have always been special to me.


To have been a Vietnam POW could not have been a easy thing to forget or deal with. I am thankful that my Uncle was never taken captive while serving there, and I am thankful for each POW who did make it home. It is one reason why I support with all my heart any effort today to thank any Serviceman or woman who comes home to us.

I did not have a chance to ever meet any of the POW's whose bracelets I wore, and that was probably a good thing for a child to not go through. I wish though, that I could tell them all now that I did at that young age care enough to keep them in my prayers and on my arm. I hope it might help them to know they were never forgotten by us back home.

This book is written about a man who was a Staff Sargent in the war, Nathan Henry US Army (Ret) who spent 2,094 in a Vietnam prison camp. This story is as topical now as then, we must never forget those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms, whether through death or imprisonment.

Beth W. Vinson is the author of the book and she writes a very compelling introduction to Nathans story as a POW and I will be getting this book to read as soon as I can. It is only through these stories that we as a people will learn how to not repeat our mistakes, not to go to the extent of terrorism and war to get our way.



Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA