23 May 2009

Okinawa Japan

May 23rd 2009


My second oldest son who is in the Navy just came stateside after being stationed in Yokosuka Japan. I was always jealous of him, jealous of the fact that there he was in the land of all that drove my muse. I had always since my Uncle was stationed in Japan while in the Navy wanted to visit the island. My Uncle had given me a beautiful Geisha Doll and ever since then I was in love with all things Japanese and still am to this day.

So imagine how excited I was when I learned the son Number 2 was actually going to live there! I kept thinking, he will go to all the Temples in Kyoto for me, he will climb Mt. Fuji, that he go to all the wonderful stores there and shop, and take photographs just his mother can see the real Japan of her dreams. Well, sadly for me, my son was kept far too busy by the Navy to do much wandering of the island but I found a great place to learn about Japan, Okinawa to be specific and I had no idea there was a website with so much information all about Japan and I had never really even thought about visiting Okinawa, Japan which is one of the southern most islands.

If you are planning a visit to Okinawa Japan or even just thinking about visiting Japan you really need to check out this website Okinawa Travel. Okinawa Travel has a really well thought out website, they have a video section, a beach guide, a section that explains the concept of the islands themselves, and if you are a Linkin Park fan, there is a section there about how they will be in Okinawa in August of this year!!! This is a great show from a great band in a most beautiful place.

And for those lucky few, who are thinking about moving to Japan, think seriously about Okinawa. The Okinawa Travel website has advertisements about rentals and such so it’s really a one stop website for all your travel plans.






Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA