26 February 2009

El Divo


El Divo, originally uploaded by risquillo.

Can you imagine being caught in a perfect moment in your life, like this Hummingbird is in the photo? How awesome would that be! For all time to be able to clearly see when you were at your best, so many people would really be helped if this were possible for humans.

Maybe a holodeck sort of gizmo can be built, one where you simply step in and sort of file back to that moment in time when you were at your level best.

These birds have always been one of my many favorite birds because when they visit my house early in the summer mornings, I always think its a huge bee diving my head and then I look up and right in front of me will be one of these darling birds. It is as if they are actually checking me out :-)

I have been told that these and other birds are moving their migration path more north that is normal for them in the winter, this is alarming to be sure. I would hate to think about any season here in Kentucky without all the wonderful birds we have, the Blue Bird, The Cardinal, the hummingbird, the Magpie, the Mockingbird and the list is endless.

I hope you get a chance one day to experience one of these tiny flying gems in your own garden, they are so wonderful to watch. I think of them as a gift from Heaven. If you have a spot , put up a hummingbird feeder near a window and within a day or so you will have one or more of the hummingbirds visiting you too!

They also love funnel shaped flowers that are mainly red, yellow and white, at least that is my findings for my area. I plant Brugmansia each spring that have a glorious scent and the birds love it, and also vines with tubular shaped flowers like honeysuckle.

Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA