23 January 2009

My Issues with our National Symbol ~ The Bald Eagle

I live about a 1/4 mile from the Lake in my county, it is not a large lake nor a small one. There is nothing spectacular about my lake, but it is nice to be near and pretty enough. However nondescript my lake may be, it does have one thing that most lakes do not have, a nesting pair of American Bald Eagles along with their offspring born two years ago.

Now, this family of raptor's and I are in a bit of a disagreement, we disagree about whether or not they will be photographed by me. So far in the last few days I have had four or five shots at getting the family on film ( digital camera) and each time I have had them in my sights my focus was not strong enough to catch them clearly.

Case in point the following photo ~
See that itty bitty bird in the center of the sky? Yep, that is my tricky Bald Eagle. Now two seconds before this shot was taken he was right in my face, he (she?) had just dove into the lake for some fish and his (her) wings were folded so beautifully, it was a shot Ansel Adams would have been proud of. Did I grab that shot? Oh no no no. I got this one instead.

So, these lovely bird and I are going to be meeting tomorrow morning bright and early. I will catch close ups of them if I have to freeze to death to do it! I can not get out onto the lake via boat which would be the optimum viewing, and if I could I would be a bit worried about them trying to eat me or something. If I am lucky enough to get better photographs, I will be posting them here.

I am aware of how truly fortunate my family and I are to be sharing our living space with these awesome creatures. Even better is knowing that the symbol of American Freedom flies over my house , makes me feel safe some how.

I wont be disclosing the exact location for there are some who would love to find them and I am afraid of their nesting patterns being disrupted. For more on the American Bald Eagle in Kentucky, please refer to this web page ~Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife.
Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA