24 January 2009

eagles lake linville ky 2009 5

I did it!!!!

I finally got some great shots of the three American Bald Eagle's that nest at my Lake. I was worried if I gave out the location that someone may come and mess with them but after some research I found that there is no mention of Lake Linville having Eagles so I thought it too important to NOT say the location.

I have no idea why the idea of being so close to these birds excites me, maybe its the freedom these awesome raptor's represent, not only for my country but for me as well.

To watch them fly, dive and land is like being in a Discovery Channel special. I think these two males ( they are smaller then the Eagle that fly away when we stopped ) are waiting for fish to make an appearance. I did not notice where the female ( not positive about sex, just going on size) went so I do not know where they have the nest. Now that would be the ultimate discovery, however I have read what female Eagles do to those who disturb the nesting area and it is not pretty.

I am so happy :-) I hope that the fact that they are back here again means that a new baby is on the way!
Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA