30 December 2008

winter walk 2


winter walk 2
Originally uploaded by riisli
We have not had measurable snow, measurable in the sense of play ability. It has been a very long time since we had a good deep snow and honestly I am pretty happy about that since the deep wet cold now makes my bones ache.

I feel bad for the kids though, as a really spectacular snow fall is the right of every child. In January of 1996 we had that awesome blizzard come through the state. I watched for three days as it snowed and snowed, some times making it impossible to see across the street. That was a good time for the kids, the adults not so much.

I remember when I was living in NY when it would snow I would take myself off to the woods not far from my house and just walk in the quite of the newly falling snow. I felt at peace in that quiet and it always felt a bit like heaven.

This photo reminded me of how beautiful a new snow fall could be. It sure is worth the pain of the bones for a while to see such awesome beauty. In the woods where we now live, my kids have found a place not too deep in that they swear is heaven when it snows. They actually call it heaven. They love to go in there and just sit together , in the quiet. I am so glad that they have been able to experience that same wonderful time that I once did.

I do hope this winter that I get to go visit their heavenly spot, so I can join in with them and sit in the quiet absorbing the beauty that is their world.
Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA