23 November 2008

In the Forests, insects about.

I live in the eastern foothills of Kentucky, right at the gates of the ground that Daniel Boone walked on to get to the Cumberland Gap. So, trees are all around my home and I love that, I see so much wildlife, its good for the soul. But there is something that comes with living in the woods, bugs. There are so many different types of insects here that I could count them all from now until I go to heaven and still not get to the end of how many there are.

We have spiders ( yuck!, hate spiders) and centipedes, scorpions and potato bugs, and the every present wasps and hornets. I hate them all equally, yet know they each serve a purpose and so I do my best to live and let live, until one bites me. This is the case with spiders as I was bitten by a spider a few years ago and now suffer on and off from the bite.

But by far the most destructive insect we have is the Termite. I watched the termites attack a fallen tree just off my property and inside of a year the entire tree was reduced to a pile of sawdust! Now just 15 feet from the woods is my home, made entirely of wood. Not good.
So I need to figure out how to keep those babies happy in the woods and not reducing my home to a pile of sawdust, and one way to do that is to educate myself.

I need to find out about which termite chemicals are available to me to use, which are safe for the environment and my children and that can be applied by myself. There is one site called KillTheTermites.com that has all this information and more, so if you are suffering the same fate as I am dealing with Termites, go to KillTheTermites.com and see how they can help you.
Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA