16 October 2008

Time to Back Up The Computer

Well it is time once again to get ready to back up my computer. I have an external drive thank god but I really want my files backed up on disk as well. Makes it easier just in case to have a third copy. The issue for me is that I am not well versed in making ISO disks. Now I have a website that will walk me through the process of backing up a computer as well as teaching me all the different ways to do it.
Backupanswers.com has a extensive list of topics , all related to backing up the disk drive. For instance they have a mdf file reader called MagicISO that will create the mdf files. An mdf file is an extension that makes image files using the file editor MagicISO. SO you can extract, create and edit ISO/ MDF files and you can even convert DVD and CD image files as well.
That is pretty handy now that our hard drives are over 100 GB, my photographs folder is stuffed full.
So at Backupanswers you can get the answers you need, instead of spending hours researching Google, and wading through tons of pages and posts that make no sense. And you do not need to be a Geek PhD either, as the site is written for every day users like myself but its also geared toward the learned PC user as well.

Wonder if they can help me figure out how to make streaming video from CBS work?


Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA