23 April 2009

Do you have deer eating your garden?

April 23rd 2009

Here where I live, deer are a normal sight to see in peoples yards, especially at this time of year. The lovely green plants are just too much for them to ignore. And if you live near a cow farm like I do they are even more numerous.
There are many ways to try and scare the deer away, none which work well. People try the string with the soda cans tied on it, but they are used to that now. And even having a dog in the yard does not do much because the deer just wait until the dogs are sleeping to come in and munch on the tender vegetation. I worry because I have kids and the tick situation here is bad enough, let alone when the deer are hanging out in my yard. My cats and dogs go into the yard as well.


Istock_000002248614xsmall_2

I have found out about a deer repellent that seems like it might just work. Deer Off is a battery powered sprayer with repellent that will work with the deer and rabbits and even squirrels. I am here to tell you that the rabbits we have are as destructive as the deer. This repellent has scent and taste repellent power which is perfect for immediate responses.

So instead of you squeezing the spray handle to do an entire 1/2 acre this will do it automatically for you. And the best part of this repellent is it is all natural, no chemicals. I refuse to use any chemicals in my home because of my children and the fact that I am about a half mile from a lake.
I will be thinking about this repellent and if I do I will post here to tell you how it works. I love Bambi, just not in my flowers. To learn about deer control click here.


Post?slot_id=36582&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark
Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA