04 February 2009

Snow and Eagles

Well, compared to winters in the past this one is shaping up just fine, snow...snow...snow and MORE snow!

Nice for the kids, as they have had sledless winters the last few years. Last nights snow was dry (due to it being as cold as can be) the snow was drifting and blowing and it almost looked like Alaska for awhile. We got a decent 3 or 4 inches before th e sun began to sort of shine through the clouds. Anyway, for my part of t he state this is a nice snow.


The other day going round the lake I got the closest I have been yet to the Eagles, this one was just sitting in the trees right off the roadway, about 20 feet away from the car. As we backed back up to take the photo he turned and looked right at me, eye to eye as if to say don't come any closer! By the time I got my camera out and on he had turned back to the lake as if to dismiss me entirely. I was able to get two shots before I annoyed him and he flew off over the lake.

He is very handsome, regal as if they know they are the King. I hope that babies are a result of this couple this year, I have not located the nest yet but the woods around here are extensive so it could literally be anywhere for miles.

Here is a map to show where the Eagles are hanging out ~

View Larger Map

If you do come to visit, please remember these birds are special and rare and respect their privacy. I do not want them to be scared off.
Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA