17 September 2008

What Does It Take To Be A Good Cook?

I have been thinking seriously lately about taking Cooking Courses. I love to watch Rachel Ray and Guy Ferri, and always think if I watch hard enough I can just channel their cooking souls. I see the fantastic things they whip up and I imagine I too can make those glorious meals. I do not know if it's the Chefs Hat or the brilliant white jackets that makes these people seem like Cooking Gods but to me they seem as if they could literally cook food for heaven. Not the picture I get when I am eating in a diner as I see some waitress coming towards me, food piled high on a platter; her receipt book hanging out of her apron. Where do they get the Restaurant Uniforms they wear on these cooking shows?Is there actually a place where one can go and buy some Restaurant Apparel?
And do the Restaurant Uniforms confer some magic cooking power to the wearer? Because if that is the case, I am sure my family would love for me to go get a White Chefs Hat or apron so that I will be able to make better and prettier foods for them.As it stands right now, I can without even trying burn water. I get all those awesome cook books from family and friends, I even have one from my cousin in Germany. They do not help me what so ever, so maybe the whole 'chef' look will be the ticket. All I know is, when ever I watch Rachel Ray, she whips up a meal in like 20 minutes and it looks like she has been slaving away over the stove all day, this is the kind of cooking I want to do. So if I have to buy some Restaurant Apparel to get to that point, so be it.
Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA