15 June 2007

Greensburg Kansas Dontations Update

A Big day has arrived for those who have been so diligently working on the Greensburg Kansas Donations area of Nutsonline ~
The tally stands at $20,067 Dollars as of now. All I can say is, if I ever get stuck and need someones help, I am turning to the people who have been involved with the Jericho Campaign, you all are something else!
I don't think I can say it any better than Jeff did on his blog post from today , so here it is and link is here.

7:29 AM EDT Good morning Jericho fans! Today is a day to be proud. I am so proud of you. We have now passed $20,000 in donations to help rebuild Greensburg!!! And guys, as of yesterday the entire fund had raised a paltry $181,754.52. A very nice woman named Dee is responsible for collecting the monies for the fund. She told me yesterday that her house was severely damaged and her family is now living in a mobile home with another family. But she was one of the lucky ones. Rebuild she will, and she hopes to move back ASAP!!!

And guys, the people in Greensburg and in surrounding areas are so grateful for your help. See their local paper, the Kiowa County Signal. Dee told me she read this article in print last week. We have also received emails, like these:

To all the Jericho & non-Jericho fans who have given so much money for Greensburg,

I live in Wichita, KS. Wichita just a couple of hours from Greensburg, so the effort to help the real-life Kansas disaster is especially poignant to me and my family.

I wanted to send out a heartfelt thank you from my family for the generosity that you have shown to the tiny town in the middle of nowhere. I know they can use all the help they can get.

I know a simple thank you isn't enough, but know that your help and generosity touches more people than you realize. So thank you from all of us.

Love, Jenny

A loyal fan named Steve thought this quote from Winston Churchill would be appropriate:

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."

------ ^ Friday, 6/15 ^ ------



It is so incredible to see the change that can be affected just by a dedicated group of people with the right reasons in their hearts! My faith is being restored daily :-)
Photobucket Photobucket
BlockBuster

Followers

Blog Archive

MarkDaniels

Mark&Daniel Widget sm
Photobucket

J4kids

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Devils Due

Check out the best in Graphic Novels here at Devils Due Publishing. They are doing the Jericho Graphic Novel!

Blog Catalog

stats

statcounter ***

MyBlog

BMZ

Social Bookmarking
Add to: Webnews Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Jumptags Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Google Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Netvouz Information
Drama Blog Directory

TwitterCounter for @kystorms View blog authority
Links to Page

IZEA